Amino Acids are found in just about all foods except for oil.
Understanding The Role They Play In Providing Us With Essential Nutrition
Despite some claims to the contrary, foods such as vegetables, legumes and grains contain all the essential amino acids.
Some of these of course will not contain high amounts of amino acids but, if you combine them with other sources, all of the bodies requirements for the essential amino acids should be met.
Of course we are assuming that the food has not been tainted by toxins and chemicals that can destroy any essential nutrition that your body needs for optimal health.
Essential Amino Acids are those that must come from the diet.
Non-Essential Amino Acids are those that the body can manufacture from available sources of nitrogen and also the carbon skeleton.
Semi Essential Amino Acids if conditions are right the body has the capability to manufacture this from available sources. (Not depleted by Chemicals & Toxins) The liver may be able to produce 80% of the amino acids it needs for protein construction while the other 20% must be consumed.
For protein building to occur in the body there must be enough quality protein in the diet and that protein needs to be digestible for the breakdown and re-building of essential nutrition to occur.
The Essential Amino Acids function is to build needed proteins. Amino acids may also assist vitamins and minerals to do their job correctly.