For most of us, watching television goes hand in hand with food.
Chocolates, ice cream, hot fudge sauce, fries and chips!
Can you resist these temptations?
You can’t easily get away with these!
We can’t also get avoid having something to eat while watching our favorite TV shows.
The bad thing is, we don’t really pay attention to how much we are consuming while staring at the television. Research has proven that we even over do eating our snacks piece by piece like those potato chips.
We do this naturally and it is even automatic for us to grab those snacks and we do not realize how much weight we are gaining every time we do this. This is especially not good for those persons who are trying to lose weight and are dieting for weight loss.
Here are some guidelines for you to lose weight even while watching television.
1. Make your meal time as close as possible to your TV time. In this way, you can watch the TV with a full stomach.
2. Divide your snacks into portions before watching the television. By doing this, you can develop the mind set of eating what is available at hand.
3. Use bowls in preparing the servings that is normal for you to consume. You can also consider sharing your cakes, fries, etc to your friends.
4. Do not watch TV in a room where food is accessible. As much as possible try to put your television away from the kitchen. You do not want to keep on going back and forth getting food from the fridge or whatever snacks are available on the table and end up gaining weight. If you’re really determined to lose weight, you might as well do this.
5. Try to forget that you have a television. You can divert your attention to other things, maybe try exercising or just walk around the park for about 15-20 minutes. This would really help your body to lose weight.
6. Drink a glass of water before watching your favorite TV shows. This is a very good weight loss tip. You will avoid dehydration and also not eat more of the snacks available.
7. Eat your snacks only on commercial breaks. This rule will lessen your worries about losing weight. Make it a habit.
8. Do something while watching TV. You can consider combing your hair a hundred times or painting your nails.
9. Try chewing a sugar free bubble gum. This gum will keep you jaws busy and will suppress you taste buds from eating another set of snacks.
10. Choose a snack that will take you a long time to chew. You can pick apples then dip it to the caramel. Try something not easy for you to eat directly like still peeling those string cheeses.
More Articles On The Dangers of Snacking While You Watch TV
- Your Excess Abdominal Fat is Not Only Ugly, but DANGEROUS to Your Health
- My Top 55 Flat-Belly Foods To Eat In Front Of A TV
- Does Diet Soda Make You Fat
- Good Trans Fats vs Bad Trans Fats the Truth Revealed